30 september 2021
Science Day MUMC+
Registration and thematic (Lifestyle and Living environment) lunchmarket - A lot of the research within Maastricht UMC+ focuses on improving lifestyle and living environment in order to promote public health. Experience this research yourself based on appealing examples.
Welcome - Chairman Prof. Nanne de Vries, vice-dean FHML, member Executive Board Maastricht UMC+ will guide you through the programme.
Benefit created by faculty – clinic integration: Launch NUTRIM Clinical Research Unit
The new NUTRIM Clinical Research Unit is an excellent example of how science and clinical practice are mutually reinforcing. Using patient journeys, Prof. Daisy Jonkers, director of NUTRIM, together with those directly involved, illustrates how this unique infrastructure contributes to innovative research.
Helen Mertens MD, Chairman of the Executive Board Maastricht UMC+, and Prof. Annemie Schols, dean of FHML and vice-chairman of the Executive Board Maastricht UMC+, illustrate the significance of this infrastructure for the organisation. A mystery guest will then open the NUTRIM Clinical Research Unit in a festive manner.
- “From idea to implant: be WISE.” - Ilona Punt (PhD) and Philip Schormans (MD)
- “Stem cells to protect the vulnerable neonate - Lessons from translational ovine models.” - Daan Ophelders (PhD) and Rob Westerlaken (AIOS Kindergeneeskunde)
- “The Vestibular Implant: Restoring Balance.” - Elke Devocht (PhD) and Joost Stultiens (AIOS KNO)
Revitalize with Maastricht UMC+ Sport en Beweegt - Exercise is important to keep your body and mind healthy. Maastricht UMC+ Sport en Beweegt offers a moment of relaxation through exercise, to ensure we are refreshed for the guest lecture.
Keynote lecture by Prof. Jaap van Dissel, Director of the Centre for Infectious Disease Control at RIVM, Chair of the Outbreak Management Team and honorary doctor at Maastricht University
Informal closing with healthy snacks and drinks
At this moment a valid check in the CoronaCheck-app is neccesary for attending the Science Day.
- Begindatum en tijd
- 30 september 2021 om 12:00 uur
- Einddatum en tijd
- 30 september 2021 om 18:00 uur
- Via https://forms.mumc.maastrichtuniversity.nl/scienceday
- Meer informatie